Notice of Gifted Education Services
In compliance with Title 22 PA Code Chapter 16, the Valley View School District conducts ongoing screenings/evaluations of students who may qualify for gifted education. The screening/evaluation process includes, but is not limited to:
- · IQ score
- · Achievement/ability scores
- · Rate of Acquisition/Retention
- · Demonstrated Achievement
- · Early Skill Development
- · Intervening Factors Masking Giftedness
- · Parent/guardian/school input
If a parent/guardian believes that a school age child may be in need of specially designed instruction, a written request may be submitted to the Valley View School District. An evaluation will be completed upon receipt of a signed Permission to Evaluate.
Upon completion of a comprehensive evaluation, if the child meets the eligibility requirements, the Gifted MDT will convene to develop a Gifted Individualized Education Program (GIEP).