Notice of Student Services
In compliance with state and federal law, the Valley View School District has developed policies to insure FAPE (Free Appropriate Public Education) to all school-age children residing within the district’s boundaries.
The Valley View School District provides no-cost screening to children residing within the Valley View School District, who are suspected of having a disability that would interfere with his/her academic progress. Parents/guardians who suspect their child to be in need of specially designed instruction or related services under IDEA, may request a screening or evaluation at any time by contacting any of the Valley View School District administrators.
The screening procedure may include, but not be limited to the following:
- · Existing classroom data/record review.
- · Cumulative educational records.
- · Enrollment/attendance records.
- · Ability/achievement scores.
- · Vision and hearing screening.
- · Participation in Child Study.
- · Medical records review.
- · Observation of classroom behavior.
- · Reports/recommendations released by the parent/guardian from outside agencies.
The evaluation process, which will not proceed without parental consent, will include data collected through the screening process along with a multi-disciplinary evaluation. The multi-disciplinary team (MDT) may consist of the following:
Parent / Guardian
Other Staff as Necessray
Results of the evaluation are reviewed by the MDT to determine if the child qualifies as a in need of specially designed instruction under IDEA. Special Education services will be recommended through an annual development/review of an Individualized Education Program (IEP) to those students who qualify under one or more of the following exceptionalities:
- · Autism
- · Deaf / Blindness
- · Deafness
- · Emotional Disturbance
- · Hearing Impaired
- · Intellectual Disability
- · Multiple Disability
- · Orthopedic Impairment
- · Other Health Impaired
- · Specific Learning Disability
- · Speech/Language Impaired
- · Traumatic Brain Injured
- · Visual Impairment including Blindness